Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday

One more day in Ghana, I cant beleive it.
Yesterday we had class at 9am and Lynley passed out the exams that we had all day to take. After class we went to the pool to try and get a little more sun. It was sunny for about 10 minutes and then was cloudy. Since it is the rainy season in Ghana it is cloudy almost everyday. But it is still hot! When the sun isnt out the people here think that its cold so they will walk around in jackets. Some mornings when it had been raining the kids in my class would come in jackets and I would be sweating. haha I think I still got some sun at the pool though, we were there for a while. Jenny and I split a curry chicken pizza at the pool and drank cokes. The pizza was so hot it practically burned my lips off. haha
After we changed from the pool we went to the mall and ate at Rhapsody. I had a chicken sandwich with fries and it was really good. We stopped at Shopright to get some chocolate and water and then headed home. We were going to go to a club called Club Afro (hehe) but some of the girls including me werent feeling well so nobody went.
Our air conditioner has been leaking recently so we had to move my bunk bed to the middle of the room so it wouldnt soak our beds. That air conditioner.. it has been more of a hassle than anything! haha It stopped leaking right now so we'll see if the pipes freeze again tonight. It was doing really well except for being loud. Not loud like a normal air conditioner.. loud like it sounded like a car backfiring and it was going to fall out of the wall. hahaha No joke.
This morning we had class at 9am but my whole room didnt wake up. So at 9:05 Jon knocked on our door and we all came out to class half asleep. We had to enter some research data about our interviews and have journal checks for points. And we turned in our exams. Pretty much everything to do with class is over! Yay! A few of us went to Tetteh Quarshie market for a little bit and I am officially done shopping! :) Dinner tonight was at a place called Frankies. I had chicken BBQ pizza. It was very good. We didnt eat it all so we gave the rest to our taxi driver. Poor things are hungry. At 6pm we had a lesson at the LDS church. We were doing a fireside about our HIV/AIDS lessons and they were performing for us. We had it in the gym and it was amazing. The dancing that they did was the coolest thing I have ever seen. That was our last lesson of the trip and it was a good one. We just got home from the church and we are finishing up journals and hanging out.
Tomorrow is my last day. I think we are going to the pool for a little bit and then Lynley is taking us all out to dinner at... Rhapsody! haha Then Sunday morning at 10am I fly home!
I wouldnt say that it has gone by quickley, it feels like I have been here for a long time. Im going to miss my kids at the school and I think I will miss my hostel! haha It has been my home so I will miss the leaky loud air conditioner and the toilet that wont flush toilet paper and the shower with the broken door. Ive met a lot of nice people and I am sad to leave them. Ive learned so much while Ive been here. Its been one of the greatest experiences and I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment