Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mole National Park

I dont have much time but I wanted to do a quick update since I finally have a chance to.
Our drive north to Mole (pronounced like Moley) National Park was 14 hours!!! On a stinkin bus and I had to share my seat. It went fast at first but then we drove on a road that our tour guide said was "the worst African road you will ever be on" for 2 hours.. this road was like driving on those lines on the side of the highway that wake you up and vibrate the car when you hit them. Only they were deeper and longer. Things on the bus were vibrating so fast it looked scary. 2 hours on that road! I thought I might puke so I closed my eyes :)
Our motel was pretty scary. I slept with lizards and cockroaches and little bugs in my room. I have bites from my bed. We had to stay two nights there too. The food was pretty much the same thing.. rice, chicken, guinea fowl, pasta, fruit, and fries. We hung out at the pool and we went on two walking safaris. I saw tons on antelope and tons of warthogs (who hung around the motel grounds) and tons of baboons and a few elephants! We were able to get really close to a pack of wild elephants so that was awesome! We were so wiped out when we got back that we didnt do anything.
It was a cool weekend and I took lots of pictures. I learned that one of my African names would be Yawa or Ya. Because I was born on a Thursday, that name is given to any female born on Thursday. They are called day names. Pretty cool :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...I would be freakin out if I had to sleep there! You know me!! There's no way I could do it! I would be up all night! haha I don't know how you DIDN'T throw up!! But it's a good thing you refrained! hahaha Can't wait to see pictures!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete